Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How many of you remember?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    How many of you remember?

    In the pre-ESPN days and even the early ESPN days, the only time you got to see NFL highlights was at halftime of Monday Night Football?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many of you remember?

    You know that I do. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    While the jury is still out on ESPN's coverage, I really liked ABC's coverage of MNF, especially Dandy Don and "Turn out the lights". Also the verbal exchanges between him and Howard Cosell were sometimes a hoot.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many of you remember?

    I can't remember that too well, but I definitely recall being excited about the Game of the Week in baseball on Saturday afternoon. This was before I had cable and the stations that broadcast the Cubs, Braves, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •